CHINA: Vodka brand Solid XS ties up distribution
UK-based vodka group Solidarnosc has signed an agreement that looks set to boost the presence of flagship brand Solid XS throughout China.
The company said today (5 September) that it has struck a US$10m deal with Chinese conglomerate Nanpu Foods.
Solidarnosc said Nanpu, which already handles China's top-selling premium spirit Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, has a nationwide distribution network of 200 wholesalers.
Solid XS, the company said, has already become the "number one vodka" in Shanghai. Solidarnosc managing director Jeremy Toettcher said: "Vodka is a relatively new category and has only really started to gain momentum over the last 10 years in China.
"Our success has been based on not trying to replace the dominant brown spirits in the market, but to appeal to the younger, up-and-coming population that is rejecting tradition and experimenting more."
Jeremy Agnew, the company's creative director, said Solidarnosc would embark on a tour of 33 Chinese cities to boost awareness of the brand.
"The tour will appeal to the tastes of the new category of purchasers, those who look to flaunt their new wealth and enjoy new experiences and we have also entwined the brand with high-end, iconic, TV and fashion."
In this month's Just the Answer interview, managing director of Beam UK Adrian McKeon spoke with Olly Wehring about the future of the Maxxium partnership, Beam's relationship with the notoriously hard...
Chivas Brothers is targeting the super-premium malt whisky category with the launch of Longmorn 16-year-old....
Halewood International has secured the UK distribution rights to Lamb's Navy Rum....
Wine and spirits group Brown-Forman has unveiled its new board line-up....
Constellation Brands has warned of "challenges" ahead in fiscal 2008 due to fierce price competition in the UK wine market, the wine glut in Australia and the decision to cut its wine inventories in t...
V&S Group has launched the first travel retail exclusive for Absolut vodka....
Central European Distribution Corporation has reported soaring full-year profits for 2006 thanks to first-time contributions from acquisitions in Poland and Hungary....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a music-based sponsorship for vodka brand Stolichnaya in the UK....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends