RUSSIA: Vladpivo gets World Bank cash injection
The World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC) is supporting a US$58m investment programme for upgrading the Vladpivo brewery, in Trudovoye, near Vladivostok, in the far east of Russia.
Working with Detroit Investments and the Alfa Group's A-1 Group Limited, the IFC will lend RUB255m (US$8.87m) to brewery owner Vladpivo and make a US$5.3m equity investment in the company's parent, the Far East Brewing Company.
The investment's aim is a reliable annual capacity of 1.8m hectolitres by 2008.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research