UK: Vitsmart waters to revive "stagnant" category
UK drinks group charteredbrands believes the launch of its functional water range Vitsmart will "reinvigorate" a stagnant water category in the country.
Glen Gribbon, charteredbrands' realisation director, told just-drinks that Vitsmart, a range of natural, vitamin-enhanced waters would help drive value in the UK's water segment.
"What's happening in the water category is that the price of a bottle of water is pretty stagnant and in some cases declining, so while volumes may be going up, value is disappearing," he said yesterday (22 June).
"To reinvigorate the category, you need something that will drive prices up and the concept of goodness, of functional water will do that. Vitsmart is an interesting proposition and has secured the interest of retailers because it gives them higher cash margins."
Vitsmart comes in three "natural" flavours - citrus flavours, passion fruit and orange and forest fruits. Gribbon said the range would grab the attention of consumers who, he argued, were becoming "increasingly concerned about what goes into flavoured waters".
He added: "We all know we should be drinking two litres of water a day, which is difficult to do. Vitsmart will help consumers achieve this - and add to their recommended daily intake of vitamins too."
charteredbrands manages and distributes a number of drinks brands, including PAMA pomegranate liqueur and HPNOTIQ, a blend of premium vodka, natural tropical fruit juices and Cognac, which is the fourth best-selling liqueur in the US.
Having pioneered the super-premium vodka category in Russia, billionaire entrepreneur Roustam Tariko is eyeing international markets with his Russian Standard Original and Imperia brands, looking to b...
India's UB Group looks to be closing in on the acquisition of UK spirits group Whyte & Mackay after months of negotiations....
Polmos Lublin has warned that its profits for this year will come in below its initial forecasts....
Russian Standard has snapped up the Internet domain name vodka.com for US$3m....
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
V&S Group looks ready to close a production site in Sweden as it looks to cut costs throughout its business in the Nordic region....
Centerra Wine Company has unveiled a new drink which combines brandy, vodka and vanilla....
Pernod Ricard has moved again to quell speculation that its talks with Soyuzplodoimport over Stolichnaya vodka are "a few weeks" from reaching a conclusion....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer