US: Vito Coco creates new role, appoints president
Vita Coco has appointed its first president
US-based coconut water firm Vita Coco has promoted its sales VP to the newly-created role of president.
Jeff Popkin, who's been with the company for 11 months, took on the role yesterday (1 Aug), Vita said. Popkin previously worked for Red Bull North America Company, where he was in charge of on-trade distribution for three years.
CEO and founder Michael Kirban said Popkin is a proven leader with extensive experience in building revenue growth.
“He has demonstrated success in leading our business in both emerging and developed markets, and he has played a critical role in making Vita Coco the first coconut water brand with a national distribution footprint,” Kirban said.
Popkin has also worked for Coors Brewing Company and Mike’s Hard Lemonade.
Privately-owned Vita Coco is distributed through Dr Pepper Snapple Group. Investors include Kirban and co-founder Ira Liran, Brussels-based Verlinvest, and celebrities including Madonna and Demi Moore.
Two years ago, the company signed a ten-year deal with a Philippines fruit company to boost production.
He's back, Back, BACK. After an absence of almost two years, we're delighted to welcome Larry Nelson, the publisher of Brewers' Guardian, back into the just-drinks fold. and, to kick things off again,...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Functional Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Cereals and Grains, Beverages, Dairy Products, Snacks, and Other Functional...
Get the facts and find out what's next for this dynamic marketplace where a plethora of new players strive to grow and hope to make inroads against the industry leaders. This report profiles the top c...
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Soft Drinks & Water - Russia in Turmoil
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l