Vitae launch first in ECS/Racke partnership
Vitae, the Sangiovese wine brand from German beverage producer Racke, is to be launched in the UK by Edward Cavendish & Sons (ECS). The roll out will be the first in the recently announced partnership between ECS and Racke in the UK market.
ECS and Racke joined forces last month to distribute a number of Racke brands and initiatives on the UK market over the next 12 months. Vitae is the first non New World brand to join the ECS portfolio and represents a new strategy to focus on brands irrespective of their origin.
Vitae is made from 100% Sangiovese and is a medium-bodied wine and will retail around £5.99.
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Recently published research indicates that while consumers have taken to the clear and modern marketing techniques employed by New World producers, they still cherish the romance and mystique of wine,...
Seven French wine co-operatives have joined forces to create a brand to compete with its New World rivals....
US wine and spirits distributor New World Brands has appointed David Rudden as CEO....
UBS has begun its coverage of the Chilean wine producer Concha y Toro (VCO)....
Vincor International has reported a 46% increase in first quarter sales, compared to the same period last year, to C$165.8m, following its acquisition of Western Wines in July last year....
The Norwegian drinks distributor Arcus is to launch its own Argentine wine brand....
The French wine industry's troubles are unlikely to be helped by this year's harvest as preliminary figures predict a bumper crop, placing more pressure on winemakers who are still struggling to sell ...
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range