US/PHILIPPINES: Vita Coco signs Fresh Fruit Ingredients deal
Vita Coco produced by Fresh Fruit will be available from August
US-based coconut water firm Vita Coco is planning international expansion after signing a partnership deal with Fresh Fruit Ingredients.
The ten-year agreement with Philippines-based Fresh Fruit will allow Vita Coco to increase its total production capacity “five-fold” in the next six months, Vita Coca CEO Michael Kirban said today (13 July).
“Vita Coco’s sales saw triple-digit increases in the first quarter of 2010 as the brand became synonymous with coconut water in the US,” said Kirban. “Fresh Fruit is an ideal partner, they bring the sourcing, production and quality standards we need as Vita Coco grows from a national brand into a global brand.”
Vita Coco products produced by Fresh Fruit will be available in the US and Europe from August.
“Our new relationship with Fresh Fruit will enable us to accelerate innovation – in terms of new flavours, new products and new packaging," said Kirban. "As we explore global growth, this is the first of what I hope will be other production and product development partnerships around the world,” he added.
Fresh Fruit products include coconut water, coconut milk powder, coconut cream and reduced fat coconut.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role