UK: Virgin Wine prepares float with £10m investment
Virgin Wine, the UK home delivery internet wine business, has announced a £10m investment scheme that will fund preparations for a possible flotation in 2002. Furthermore, it is believed that Anderson Consulting, the global management consultant, is taking a 10% stake in the company.The initiatives come only four months after the launch of the company in June. Since then Virgin Wine needed to prove it was attracting the right kind of customer as well as delivering wines on time.Although the average wine drinker spends £3.30 on a bottle of wine, Virgin claims that its customers are already spending double that amount. The company hopes to break even by 2002 and plans to have sold 50,000 cases of wine by the ned of this year.The UK's Financial Times also reported that Virgin Wine is thought to be considering a bid for Oddbins, the off-licence chain, however Virgin would not comment on the rumour.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research