UK: Virgin Wine prepares float with £10m investment
Virgin Wine, the UK home delivery internet wine business, has announced a £10m investment scheme that will fund preparations for a possible flotation in 2002. Furthermore, it is believed that Anderson Consulting, the global management consultant, is taking a 10% stake in the company.The initiatives come only four months after the launch of the company in June. Since then Virgin Wine needed to prove it was attracting the right kind of customer as well as delivering wines on time.Although the average wine drinker spends £3.30 on a bottle of wine, Virgin claims that its customers are already spending double that amount. The company hopes to break even by 2002 and plans to have sold 50,000 cases of wine by the ned of this year.The UK's Financial Times also reported that Virgin Wine is thought to be considering a bid for Oddbins, the off-licence chain, however Virgin would not comment on the rumour.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits