US: Vintage Wine Estates scoops up Cosentino Signature Wines
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wines bought by Vintage Wine Estates
Vintage Wine Estates has scooped up the assets of fellow wine group Cosentino Signature Wines, after the producer fell into bankruptcy late last year.
Santa Rosa-based Vintage Wine Estates has acquired Cosentino's assets for an undisclosed fee, it announced this week. Cosentino, based in Napa Valley, was founded in 1980 but filed for banruptcy in November last year.
The group was unable to secure funds to meet debt repayments and it officially closed for business on 30 December.
“We look forward to upholding the Cosentino Winery tradition of producing exceptional, high quality wines and furthering our mission of cultivating small, hand-crafted artisanal wineries in Napa and Sonoma,” said the president of Vintage Wine Estates, Pat Roney. Both companies have specialised in high-end, small-batch wines.
Cosentino's founder, Mitch Cosentino, said that he would be staying on in the new-look business, although his exact role was not disclosed. "Their impressive portfolio of ultra premium wineries, including Girard Napa Valley, Windsor Sonoma and Sonoma Coast Vineyards, ensures a continuing tradition of quality for Cosentino Winery," he said.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends