PORTUGAL: Vintage Ports destroyed as Fonseca hit by landslide
Fonseca, one of Port's leading producers, has suffered a landslide at Vila Nova de Gaia, which has destroyed up to 3% of the company's stock, including vintage, Late Bottled Vintage, Bin 27 and 10 and 20 year-old Tawny. The landslide, which hit and destroyed two storage houses, left the company with a loss of over 1,000 pipes of Port. Adrian Bridge, managing director of Fonseca Guimaraens said: "We are greatly saddened by the loss of some of our prized Ports from Fonseca which included some Vintage, Late Bottled Vintage, Bin 27 and 10- and 20-Year-Old Tawny. In one sweep and without any warning, the vats were ripped apart releasing the contents."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends