PORTUGAL: Viniportugal looks east for future growth
Portuguese wine trade body Viniportugal has expanded the number of markets that it will focus on for its members to include Japan and Singapore.
The trade association said last month that the two additions have been included in its plans for wine promotion abroad. Japan and Singapore join the US, Brazil, China, Canada, Angola, the UK, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Germany as priority export markets going forward.
“Portugal has specialised towards certain markets, but there are other markets in Africa … and Asia, with interesting potential that need to be worked on,” said Viniportugal president Jorge Monteiro.
Viniportugal also manages the brand Wines of Portugal.
The Future of the Wine Market in Japan to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Wine consumption trends in Japan, providing historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, alcoholic strength (Fortified Wine...read more
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions