S AFRICA: Vinfruco Stellenbosch merger co named
A new name has been unveiled for the company formed following the merger of Vinfruco and Stellenbosch Vineyards (SV). The new company, Omnia Wines, is expected to produce 2.2m litres of wine, 80% of which will be exported, with annual turnover running to about ZAR400m.
Omnia Wines will have over 200 shareholders, from large institutional investors to agri-businesses, wine producers, grape growers and private investors.
Dr Paul Cluver, formerly chairman of Vinfruco has been elected to the same post in the new company, while Hermann Böhmer, former MD of SV takes over the same post in Omnia Wines.
The former MD of Vinfruco, Anton du Toit, takes on the strategic and demanding portfolio of executive director sales and marketing.
Böhmer said future plans included consolidation of its export base, mainly in the UK and Europe, but develop new opportunities - particularly in the US. The company has a number of established brands such as Arniston Bay, Versus, Kumkani and Shamwari, a joint venture with Constellation Wines.
Böhmer said the strategic fit of the two companies meant that only 17 personnel, who made up less than 10% of the workforce, would be made redundant - mainly because the company was integrating two warehouses in Stellenbosch.
Paul Cluver's black economic empowerment project, Thandi, facilitated between himself and Vinfruco, will form the base of Omnia Wine's future BEE activities.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends