CHILE: Vineyard acreage grows 1.5%
This is equivalent to an extra 1,600 hectares, meaning that Chile had around 170,700 hectares planted with vines at the end of last year.
Some 76% of the vineyards are red wine varieties, while the remaining 24% are white. The biggest growth came in dark grapes: significant growth in plantings of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenere and Syrah were all reported in 2002.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?