FRANCE: Vinexpo names new president
The supervisory board of Vinexpo has appointed Xavier de Eizaguirre as president of Vinexpo Bordeaux, the international wine and spirits exhibition.
Eizaguirre, general manager and member of the management board of Baron Philippe de Rothschild, takes over from Jean-Marie Chadronnier, director of CVBG Dourthe Kressmann, who presided over the exhibition during the three Vinexpos in Bordeaux in 2003, 2005 and 2007.
All the board members paid tribute to the work carried out by Chadronnier and his contribution to the development of the exhibition. They also highlighted the professionalism of Xavier de Eizaguirre, his "in-depth knowledge" of international markets and his "untiring drive to innovate", which will benefit Vinexpo as it moves on to further success, the company said.
Along with the new appointment, Vinexpo revealed changes to the top of its organisation.
A supervisory board and executive board replace the board of directors. The president of the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Laurent Courbu, is now the president of the executive board and Robert Beynat, Vinexpo's general executive, becomes general manager.
Vinexpo, the world's largest wine trade fair, has sold nearly 90% of its exhibitor stand space for next year's expo, despite a low-key presence from New World wine countries....
Bordeaux is set to hold an international wine tourism exhibition next year, marking the growing importance of tourism for the world's wine regions....
Hong Kong has further cemented its position as Asia's wine hub, after being chosen to host Vinexpo Asia-Pacific in 2010....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts