US: Vinexpo may take postponed show out of New York
VinExpo is the world's largest wine trade fair
Vinexpo's postponed New York consumer wine show may move to a city outside of the US, organisers have said.
No plans have been made to reschedule, however the situation in New York is “complicated”, a Vinexpo spokesperson told just-drinks. “We definitely want to hold it again, but we don't know if it will be in New York or another great city in the world,” the spokesperson said.
No decision has been made on which cities could host the event, the spokesperson added.
'Rendez-Vous by Vinexpo' was due to be held in Manhattan's Javits Centre from 16 to 18 November. It would have been first time Vinexpo, the world's largest wine trade show, had put businesses and consumers under one roof.
However, organisers pulled the plug after admitting they had attracted just 52 exhibitors out of an expected 150.
“We decided to postpone because we don't have enough exhibitors to ensure the level and quality we expect for visitors,” the spokesperson said.
“The quality of people who trust in this exhibition is really good. But we expected 6,000 visitors and with only about 50 exhibitors we were afraid we would not reach that number.”
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research