US: Vinexpo may take postponed show out of New York
VinExpo is the world's largest wine trade fair
Vinexpo's postponed New York consumer wine show may move to a city outside of the US, organisers have said.
No plans have been made to reschedule, however the situation in New York is “complicated”, a Vinexpo spokesperson told just-drinks. “We definitely want to hold it again, but we don't know if it will be in New York or another great city in the world,” the spokesperson said.
No decision has been made on which cities could host the event, the spokesperson added.
'Rendez-Vous by Vinexpo' was due to be held in Manhattan's Javits Centre from 16 to 18 November. It would have been first time Vinexpo, the world's largest wine trade show, had put businesses and consumers under one roof.
However, organisers pulled the plug after admitting they had attracted just 52 exhibitors out of an expected 150.
“We decided to postpone because we don't have enough exhibitors to ensure the level and quality we expect for visitors,” the spokesperson said.
“The quality of people who trust in this exhibition is really good. But we expected 6,000 visitors and with only about 50 exhibitors we were afraid we would not reach that number.”
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research