Vinexpo 2013 - ASIA: Vinexpo confirms plans for new shows
Vinexpo is upping its focus on Asia
Vinexpo is extending its activities in Asia with the launch of two new events.
The wine and spirits trade show organiser, whose core event is taking place in Bordeaux this week, is set to host shows in Beijing and Tokyo next year, it announced yesterday (18 June). Vinexpo in Beijing, which will be held on 2 and 3 June, 2014, is described as an “extension” of the existing Vinexpo Asia-Pacific.
Around 200 exhibitors are expected, with 3,000 to 4,000 wine and spirit professionals from Beijing and north China being targeted.
“We have received a large number of requests to set up Vinexpo in (mainland) China,” said Xavier de Eizaguirre, the organiser’s chairman.
Meanwhile, the Tokyo event will take place from 1 to 2 November. The show will have a “special emphasis” on the on-trade. Up to 400 exhibitors and around 3,000 visitors are expected.
Vinexpo’s main show in the region, Asia-Pacific, which takes place in Hong Kong from 27-29 May, is also being extended. The exhibition space is increasing by half to cover 15,000 sq metres.
Last year’s Vinexpo Asia-Pacific saw 1,050 exhibitors from 28 countries.
China is now the fifth largest wine consuming country in the world.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report