Vinexpo 2013 - ASIA: Vinexpo confirms plans for new shows
Vinexpo is upping its focus on Asia
Vinexpo is extending its activities in Asia with the launch of two new events.
The wine and spirits trade show organiser, whose core event is taking place in Bordeaux this week, is set to host shows in Beijing and Tokyo next year, it announced yesterday (18 June). Vinexpo in Beijing, which will be held on 2 and 3 June, 2014, is described as an “extension” of the existing Vinexpo Asia-Pacific.
Around 200 exhibitors are expected, with 3,000 to 4,000 wine and spirit professionals from Beijing and north China being targeted.
“We have received a large number of requests to set up Vinexpo in (mainland) China,” said Xavier de Eizaguirre, the organiser’s chairman.
Meanwhile, the Tokyo event will take place from 1 to 2 November. The show will have a “special emphasis” on the on-trade. Up to 400 exhibitors and around 3,000 visitors are expected.
Vinexpo’s main show in the region, Asia-Pacific, which takes place in Hong Kong from 27-29 May, is also being extended. The exhibition space is increasing by half to cover 15,000 sq metres.
Last year’s Vinexpo Asia-Pacific saw 1,050 exhibitors from 28 countries.
China is now the fifth largest wine consuming country in the world.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report