Vinexpo 2013 - ASIA: Vinexpo confirms plans for new shows
Vinexpo is upping its focus on Asia
Vinexpo is extending its activities in Asia with the launch of two new events.
The wine and spirits trade show organiser, whose core event is taking place in Bordeaux this week, is set to host shows in Beijing and Tokyo next year, it announced yesterday (18 June). Vinexpo in Beijing, which will be held on 2 and 3 June, 2014, is described as an “extension” of the existing Vinexpo Asia-Pacific.
Around 200 exhibitors are expected, with 3,000 to 4,000 wine and spirit professionals from Beijing and north China being targeted.
“We have received a large number of requests to set up Vinexpo in (mainland) China,” said Xavier de Eizaguirre, the organiser’s chairman.
Meanwhile, the Tokyo event will take place from 1 to 2 November. The show will have a “special emphasis” on the on-trade. Up to 400 exhibitors and around 3,000 visitors are expected.
Vinexpo’s main show in the region, Asia-Pacific, which takes place in Hong Kong from 27-29 May, is also being extended. The exhibition space is increasing by half to cover 15,000 sq metres.
Last year’s Vinexpo Asia-Pacific saw 1,050 exhibitors from 28 countries.
China is now the fifth largest wine consuming country in the world.
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research