GLOBAL: Vinexpo confirms new CEO
Guillaume Deglise, Vinexpo's new CEO
Vinexpo, the international wine and spirits exhibition group, has appointed a new CEO.
Guillaume Deglise, 39, previously MD of Laurent-Perrier's Switzerland unit, has officially taken over from Robert Beynat, who steps down after 33 years of leading the group.
Deglise has spent his career to date working in the Champagne sector. He spent four years as export manager for Bollinger, before moving to Laurent-Perrier as an export director. For the past 18 months, he was also in charge of the brand’s development in China.
“Vinexpo has grown thanks to its loyal exhibitors and the fact that its visitors have strictly professional status,” said Deglise. “Together, we will continue to build the future of our exhibitions in order to strengthen the role we play for the benefit of wine and spirits industry professionals worldwide.”
Outgoing CEO Beynat is taking on the role of special advisor to Pierre Goguet, president of the Vinexpo Directorate and chairman of the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce and Industry, for the exhibitions being held in Asia next year.
Jackson Family Wines' president Rick Tigner sprung to prominence in the US through appearing on reality TV show 'Undercover Boss'. But, away from the bright lights of TV-world, the 52 year-old remains...
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends