HONG KONG: Vinexpo Asia-Pacific set to return
The Vinexpo Asia-Pacific wine and spirits exhibition will return to Hong Kong once again in 2008.
Hong Kong's Convention & Exhibition Centre held the event this year and was declared a "resounding success" by organisers.
Since 1998, four exhibitions have been organised by Vinexpo in the Asia-Pacific area, including Tokyo in 2000 and 2002, and Hong Kong in 1998 and 2006.
In Asia, wine consumption is predicted to boom by 16% between 2003 and 2008 to 767m litres.
Vinexpo estimates that the Asian wine market will be worth over US$5bn in 2008. The top five suppliers to the region are reported to be France, Italy, the US, Chile and Australia.
Despite being only a few days into 2007, attention is already turning towards the summer and the exhibition season. Earlier this month, the team that organises the biennial Bordeaux extravaganza Vinex...
Trade shows are so much part of the fabric of the wine business that it is hard to imagine life without them. But Richard Woodard asks if the industry can support such a large number of international ...
China and Russia are set to break into the top ten of light wine consuming countries by 2010, according to research from wine trade fair Vinexpo....
New Zealand's wine trade association has snubbed the Vinexpo trade fair for the second show running....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research