AUSTRALIA: Vincorp to sell out to wine rival
Vincorp, the small, struggling, Australian winery is expected to announce by the end of the week that it has sold its assets to private winery Hope Estate.Negotiations for the sale are in the final stages with two other parties which had expressed interest in Vincorp being excluded from the sale process.Vincorp has been seeking a buyer for more than a year following continuing trading troubles since it listed in early 1998. It lost about $A3m in 1998-1999 and a further $A1m in 1999-2000.Hope Estate, formerly Hill of Hope until it agreed to a name change with CA Henschke & Co, producers of the super premium Hill of Grace Shiraz, is a 2ml winery operating at the former Saxonvale winery site in the Hunter Valley, just north of Sydney.It was due to settle this week the $1.045m purchase of Vincorp's Western Australian vineyard at Donnybrook.Vincorp's major assets include the premium Virgin Hills label for which it has an agreement with the UK's Virgin Airlines giving it extensive global rights, a 250,000 litre winery and 56ha of vineyards.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018