AUSTRALIA: Vincorp to make SGW takeover announcement tomorrow
Vincorp chairman Alan Boys said the company would "officially comment on the unsolicited offer" from Simon Gilbert Wines (SGW) of a A$7m takeover of Vincorp tomorrow after he had spoken to other members of the his board. Vincor sold its last winery asset last year, Victorian Virgin Hills, to Hope Estate and is essentially a shell company sitting on $5 million in cash with which it hopes to make other investments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch