CANADA: Vincor unveils Olympic tie-up
Vincor Canada has secured a sponsorship deal with the country's Olympic and Paralympic Winter games in 2010.
The Constellation Brands unit said yesterday (14 December) that it will also be a sponsor of the Canadian Olympic team for the games in Beijing in 2008 and London in 2012.
"We are thrilled to have this opportunity to honour our Canadian heritage while affirming our role as Canada's wine industry leader," said Vincor's president and CEO Jay Wright.
"This is by far Vincor Canada's most ambitious and broad-reaching sponsorship." Financial details for the deal were not disclosed.
The company will back the deal with a co-branded wine from its Jackson-Triggs division. "This is the very first time that Jackson Triggs ... has lent its name to a joint branded initiative," Wright added.
Two varietals in Vincor's super-premium price segment will make up the co-branded offering, while the official 'Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games' (VANOC) emblem will also appear on wines from Inniskillin, Jackson-Triggs, Sawmill Creek, Naked Grape, Nk'Mip Cellars, Sumac Ridge and See Ya Later Ranch.
The sponsorship, which makes Vincor the official supplier in the wine category, will be staged over the next six years and will include on- and off-trade promotions, visibility at Olympic venues and VANOC events, hospitality programmes, entertainment and corporate gifting opportunities.
"(The agreement) will put Vincor Canada centre-stage with leading corporations from around the world," Wright added.
The decision by Constellation to sell half of its UK distribution company Matthew Clark to Punch Taverns and form a joint venture with the pub retailer has left many in the industry scratching their h...
Pacific Wine Partners has added a rosé wine to its Cellar Door offering in the US....
Gaymer Cider Company is set to invest in its Blackthorn cider brand this summer....
Bibendum has appointed an addition to its board of directors....
Constellation Europe has unveiled an Australian wine range targeting the UK 'style' on-trade....
Crown Imports has launched its redesigned Corona Extra 12oz can in the US in an effort to stand out at retail during the summer months....
Constellation Brands has secured almost US$700m in funds to reduce its borrowings....
Constellation Brands today (10 May) announced it has named Robert P. Ryder executive vice president and chief financial officer, replacing Tom Summer, who has held that position for 10 years....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends