CANADA: Vincor unveils Olympic tie-up
Vincor Canada has secured a sponsorship deal with the country's Olympic and Paralympic Winter games in 2010.
The Constellation Brands unit said yesterday (14 December) that it will also be a sponsor of the Canadian Olympic team for the games in Beijing in 2008 and London in 2012.
"We are thrilled to have this opportunity to honour our Canadian heritage while affirming our role as Canada's wine industry leader," said Vincor's president and CEO Jay Wright.
"This is by far Vincor Canada's most ambitious and broad-reaching sponsorship." Financial details for the deal were not disclosed.
The company will back the deal with a co-branded wine from its Jackson-Triggs division. "This is the very first time that Jackson Triggs ... has lent its name to a joint branded initiative," Wright added.
Two varietals in Vincor's super-premium price segment will make up the co-branded offering, while the official 'Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games' (VANOC) emblem will also appear on wines from Inniskillin, Jackson-Triggs, Sawmill Creek, Naked Grape, Nk'Mip Cellars, Sumac Ridge and See Ya Later Ranch.
The sponsorship, which makes Vincor the official supplier in the wine category, will be staged over the next six years and will include on- and off-trade promotions, visibility at Olympic venues and VANOC events, hospitality programmes, entertainment and corporate gifting opportunities.
"(The agreement) will put Vincor Canada centre-stage with leading corporations from around the world," Wright added.
The decision by Constellation to sell half of its UK distribution company Matthew Clark to Punch Taverns and form a joint venture with the pub retailer has left many in the industry scratching their h...
Pacific Wine Partners has added a rosé wine to its Cellar Door offering in the US....
Gaymer Cider Company is set to invest in its Blackthorn cider brand this summer....
Bibendum has appointed an addition to its board of directors....
Constellation Europe has unveiled an Australian wine range targeting the UK 'style' on-trade....
Crown Imports has launched its redesigned Corona Extra 12oz can in the US in an effort to stand out at retail during the summer months....
Constellation Brands has secured almost US$700m in funds to reduce its borrowings....
Constellation Brands today (10 May) announced it has named Robert P. Ryder executive vice president and chief financial officer, replacing Tom Summer, who has held that position for 10 years....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends