CANADA: Vincor to issue recommendation next week
Vincor will issue a formal response to the Constellation bid in the next nine days. The wine company has written to all of its shareholders this week, advising them to do nothing with their shares until Vincor issues a formal recommendation.
Constellation's bid for North America's fourth largest wine company is open until 28 November.
"Your board of directors is reviewing the Constellation offer and considering alternatives to it with a view to making a formal recommendation to you - our shareholders," Donald Triggs and Mark Hilson, president and CEO, and chairman of the special committee of the board respectively, said in the letter.
"The special committee and its financial advisors are currently in active discussions with numerous interested parties regarding the purchase of Vincor," the letter continued. "We will be sending to you our more detailed response to the Constellation offer by 4 November, making a formal recommendation to our shareholders."
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Stock Spirits, Distell add UK to partnership
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts