CANADA: Vincor makes Oz acquisition for $34m
The Canadian wine company Vincor International, announced today that it is to buy the privately owned Goundrey Wines in Australia for about C$54m (US$34m). Calling the move "an important milestone in our international growth strategy to expand operations to all New World wine regions" Vincor president Donald Triggs said: "Australian wine is the fastest growing segment of the international wine market and Western Australian wineries, Goundrey in particular, continue to demonstrate the ability to produce and market large quantities of premium and super-premium branded wines."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk