CANADA: Vincor in talks with five bidders (report)
Reports have suggested that the Canadian wine company Vincor International Inc., currently the subject of a hostile takeover bid by Constellation Brands, is in talks with at least five prospective bidders. According to the reports, the company could make an announcement relating to a possible counter-bid this week.
Having rejected Constellation's C$1.4bn bid last week, Vincor has posted a new investor presentation on its website to invite more bidders to come forward, and has engaged two investment banks, Merrill Lynch and BMO Nesbitt Burns, to look for other buyers.
Constellation Brands confirmed on Friday that it was not one of the companies currently in talks with Vincor.
Vincor and Constellation are at odds over the valuation of the company. Constellation has bid C$31 per share, a premium of about 39% over its closing share price of 8 September, and said it might go higher if Vincor can justify increasing the offer. But Constellation's CEO, Richard Sands, said it would not go as high as C$36 per share.
However, Vincor's latest investor presentation suggests Constellation can afford to pay between C$37.87 and C$41.20 per share, or even as much as C$80.13 once synergies are taken into account.
Frescobaldi has bought out Constellation from its joint venture, according to press reports....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
Diageo has appointed Dr Franz B Humer, chairman and CEO of the pharmaceutical group Roche, to the Diageo board, effective from Friday (1 April)....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages