CANADA: Vincor continues investment in growth
Strong growth initiatives and strategic investments in the first quarter of fiscal 2001 resulted in a slight decline in earnings for the period, Vincor International announced today."During the first quarter we continued our transition into the premium wine category by investing in the acquisition of two of British Columbia's leading estate wineries, launching two new premium wines in Ontario, expanding our premium offerings in the Québec grocery distribution channel, and gearing up for the launch of a new range of premium wines in Québec," said Donald L. Triggs, Vincor President and Chief Executive Officer.The first quarter also saw Vincor continue the expansion of its celebrated icewine into the United States and the Company received further accolades with Jackson-Triggs being named the best Canadian Winery for the second year in a row at the International Wine and Spirit Competition in London, England.Vincor's highlights for the quarter included:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends