CANADA: Vincor Canada acquires Medallion Wine Marketing
The Constellation subsidiary Vincor Canada has acquired the business of its affiliated company Medallion Wine Marketing in Canada.
The Canadian producer and marketer of wine and related products said yesterday (3 April) that it will assume the western distribution of brands including Robert Mondavi from the US, and Hardys from Australia and Nobilo from New Zealand.
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Vincor Canada president and CEO Jay Wright said: "This transaction reinforces our leading market position in Canada, strengthens our route-to-market and bolsters both our domestic and import wine businesses. Given our solid understanding and working knowledge of the acquired business, it is a strong strategic fit for Vincor Canada. This will enhance our customer relationships in Western Canada, and leverage the full breadth of our more diversified product portfolio."
As part of the deal, Vincor will become the western distributor for its sister company, Constellation Spirits, across spirits brands such as Golden Wedding, Black Velvet Canadian Whisky and Effen Vodka. Additionally, the company will also cover distribution for both the Quails' Gate and CedarCreek VQA estate wineries across the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Both wineries will remain as family-owned and operated, the company said.
Wright added: "With the addition of the Medallion business, our expanded sales team will continue to serve as the sales agent for the Mott's and Freixenet portfolios in Western Canada as we continue to work through the transition. We look forward to continuing the development of these great brands."
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A 100-year-old bottle of Scotch whisky, discovered in a cupboard in the US and considered one of the rarest in the world, is going up for auction next month....
Constellation Europe has signed an agreement with an importer in Finland, which will see the company expand into the on-trade in the country....
Global Brands has announced a change of leadership as part of a wider restructure of its management team....
Constellation Brands saw net profit slide in its first half, due to one-off re-structuring costs in the group's Australian wine business....
Diageo has removed the "Special" from its Crown Royal Special Reserve brand, but claims it has not altered the Canadian whisky's composition....
Berry Bros. & Rudd has lined up the latest addition to its Blue Hanger blended Scotch portfolio....
The CEO of Constellation Europe has warned that the alcoholic drinks market is facing a "bloody" Christmas in the UK....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends