UK: Vina Ventisquero readies lighter bottles for Yali
Chilean wine group Viña Ventisquero has introduced lighter glass bottles to its Yali wine range in the UK.
The company said earlier this week that the change has come about through its partnership with government-backed UK programme WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme).
Packaged in 'Ecoglass', at 382 grams, the Yali Varietals bottles are 9% lighter than their predecessors, while Yali Reserva now weighs in at 425 grams, a reduction of 11%.
"Yali is our visibly 'green' retail brand, but our company has always been committed to environmentally friendly practices wherever possible," said Viña Ventisquero's UK & Ireland Sales Director Américo Hernández. "These new bottles will also be rolled out to our other ranges."
Earlier this year, Ventisquero added a Merlot to the Yali portfolio as part of its off-trade focused Winemaker's Selection Wetland range in the UK.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts