GLOBAL: Vin & Sprit takes Absolut to the Disco
Vin & Sprit has unveiled a disco-themed extension for its Absolut vodka brand.
The mirror ball-inspired Absolut Disco is set to launch in selected markets from next month, the Swedish company said today (10 September). The one-litre gift pack consists of a mirrored bottle covered in 1,000 reflecting prisms.
"The Absolut Disco gift pack predecessor from 2006, Absolut Bling Bling, became an instant success with its golden touch and is now a sought-after object on online trading places like eBay," said Katarina Nielsen, international marketing director, V&S Absolut Spirits. "Absolut Disco is a natural follow-up where we have further extended the possibilities of what a gift pack can offer the consumers."
The brand extension will launch in global travel retail, the UK and US from next month, with other priority markets, including Canada, Germany, Mexico and Brazil, taking delivery in November, a spokesperson for Absolut told just-drinks today.
Absolut Disco will be backed by a dedicated website - www.absolut.com/disco - which is launching this month.
"The campaign website with its hand disco video generator is truly interactive and lets the visitors create their own disco moves", added Christina Bergman, communications manager for V&S Absolut Spirits.
The binge-drinking debate is once again grabbing the headlines in the UK, as supermarket chains look to react to widespread criticism over the discounting of alcohol. Chris Losh believes the drinks in...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
In acquiring 50%-ownership and global distribution rights to premium vodka brand Ketel One Diageo confirmed its withdrawal from the auction for Absolut. Moreover, writes Ben Cooper, the move for Ketel...
Anheuser Busch has responded to recent legal threats from an activist group in the US over its caffeinated alcoholic drinks, suggesting the group is simply interested in generating publicity....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Polish vodka company Grupa Sobieski has sealed a multi-year marketing deal with US venues Madison Square Garden and Radio City Music Hall....
UK drinks group Global Brands has added another flavour to its Corky's vodka shot range in the country....
Diageo has launched two additional flavours to its Smirnoff vodka portfolio in the US....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Europe's drinks companies start engines on CETA
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends