SWEDEN: Vin & Sprit privatisation still on track - report
The Swedish government is keen to progress with its privatisation of state-owned Vin & Sprit, despite the resignation of two key officials in the process earlier this week.
Speaking after questions in parliament, Financial Markets Minister Mats Odell was cited by Dow Jones yesterday (3 October) as saying that the Government does not expect any delays in the process, which also covers five other state-owned companies.
General consensus amongst speculators suggests that Fortune is the front-runner, as it handles distribution of Absolut in the US and the two companies are partners in the distribution group Maxxium.
In acquiring 50%-ownership and global distribution rights to premium vodka brand Ketel One Diageo confirmed its withdrawal from the auction for Absolut. Moreover, writes Ben Cooper, the move for Ketel...
The sale of the Swedish state-owned makers of Absolut Vodka, Vin & Sprit, is progressing "according to plan", as speculation mounts that a buyer will be named in the coming weeks....
Heineken has refused to be drawn on claims that a buyer has come forward for Scottish & Newcastle's stake in India's United Breweries....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up an extension of a marketing campaign for its Teacher's Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
The chairmen of Emporia Brands and Berry Bros & Rudd yesterday (27 March) signed an agreement appointing Emporia as UK sales agent for Cutty Sark, the Scotch whisky brand....
Bacardi is the latest major drinks company thought to have teamed up with a local private equity firm, in its hopes to win the auction for Sweden's Vin & Sprit group....
Fortune Brands has refused to be drawn on speculation claiming the company has taken a partner in its bid to acquire Vin & Sprit....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends