SWEDEN: Vin & Sprit chairman calls time
The chairman of Vin & Sprit is to stand down.
Claes Dahlbäck announced late last week that he will not be seeking re-election at this year's AGM. He has been a member of the V&S board for 16 years, including 14 years as chairman.
"After 16 years on the board, including 14 as chairman, it feels natural for me not to seek re-election this year," said Dahlbäck. "During this time I have been privileged to be part of the incredible development of V&S into one of the world's leading companies in its industry. With strong market positions, good profitability and excellent potential growth for V&S, now seems the right time to leave the board."
Sweden's Minister for Local Government and Financial Markets, Mats Odell, added: "Claes Dahlbäck's fine work as chairman in the transformation of V&S from a monopoly which mainly operated in Sweden to one of the major players in its industry is worthy of the highest admiration.
"Thanks to a large number of international acquisitions and the continued excellent development of Absolut Vodka, V&S has, under the guidance of Claes Dahlbäck, become a highly successful and profitable company."
When contacted by just-drinks today (15 February), a spokesperson for V&S said that the company hopes to have a new chairman in place in time for the AGM on 20 March. When asked who that would be, the spokesperson said: "It is up the owners - the Swedish government."
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
With interest surrounding the likely sale of Swedish spirits producer V&S Group growing by the day, there could be no better time to look at the company's flagship vodka brand Absolut and the opportun...
Baltika has posted a healthy lift in operating profit for the first half of this year....
Coca Cola Amatil (CCA) has disclosed its first major product from its partnership with Maxxium....
Lion Nathan and Coca-Cola Amatil appear to be the front runners should Australian brewer J Boag & Son go up for sale, according to local reports....
Drinks Americas Holdings has seen its losses widen in what it has described as a year of "transition"....
China Water & Drinks has confirmed the appointment of a new CFO....
Scottish & Newcastle is facing the threat of industrial action at its biggest brewery in the UK....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets