SWEDEN: Vin & Sprit Absolut president to stand down
The president of Vin & Sprit Absolut has announced his intention to step down from the post later this year.
Speaking to just-drinks today (1 April), a spokesperson for V&S Absolut said the timing and decision "is entirely his (Eriksen's) own".
"He decided that this was a good time," the spokesperson said. "He wanted to finalise the transition process of Absolut into Pernod Ricard. Almost a year has passed, and he feels the transition is now done and would like to focus more on his private business investments - he's not going into another operational assignment for the time being."
Eriksen's private investments do not currently include any drinks ventures, the spokesperson added. "He made some divestitures last year that went really well, so he has money to invest and now is a good time for that."
The spokesperson concluded: "Pernod Ricard regrets that Ketil is moving on. They are really thankful for what he has done with the integration and for building the Absolut business. He is a regretted loss."
The news this week that Suntory has launched a binding offer to acquire Orangina Schweppes is another sign of the growing international aspirations of Japan's drinks groups. Alongside the mooted merge...
Pernod Ricard has transferred production of Italian wine brand Canei to the grower's association in the the region....
Kahlúa Spiced Holiday Nog from Pernod Ricard USA...
Following today's (24 September) news that Suntory Holdings' approach to acquire Orangina Schweppes Group from Lion Capital and The Blackstone Group is a binding offer, we take a look at five facts ab...
Pernod Ricard's US unit is to launch an advertising campaign in the country for its Kahlúa coffee liqueur brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Kevin George as senior vice president and global chief marketing officer....
A ban on alcoholic drinks promotion on the internet in France remains in force, because a new law to legalise adverts and drinks websites has not been signed off....
Pernod Ricard UK is to launch Jacob's Creek wines in 50cl bottles, after the group's consumer research showed demand is rising for smaller bottle sizes....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Beam Suntory rolls out Larios gin range to UK
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends