UK: Vimto promote cycle safety campaign
Vimto Soft Drinks has launched a new campaign aimed at reducing the number of children injured as a result of cycling accidents on UK roads.
In partnership with councils throughout the UK, Vimto is embarking on a national programme, an initiative supported by The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, to provide councils with much needed support to get the safety message across.
Emma Hunt, Vimto marketing manager said: "We are working to support councils in their schemes with the ultimate aim of helping ensure all 10-to 11-year-old children receive some cycling training by making the schemes more fun and involving.
"As the UK's roads are getting busier with increasing amounts of traffic it is essential we help to ensure children can ride their bikes safely," she added.
Vimto originally launched a pilot scheme with Kent County Council earlier this year and is now supplying the same cycling proficiency materials to other counties across the UK and will continue to roll out the scheme to councils to achieve full national coverage in the next two years.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report