UK: Vimto maker makes bullish forecast
UK soft drinks group Nichols expects its "robust trading" this year to continue after seeing first-half profits rise.
Nichols, which produces the Vimto brand, said yesterday (2 August) that pre-tax profits were up by 15.1% to GBP2.3m (US$4.3m) for the six months to 30 June. Sales rose 6.7% to GBP26.2m.
Chairman John Nichols said Vimto had grown its share of a "highly competitive market place". He said: "Given the momentum we now have and with better than average summer weather so far, we anticipate that our full year results will show further progress".
Nichols distributes the Sunkist and Panda brands in the UK. The company said the latter's relaunch in April had been "well-received" and would be backed by a national ad campaign this summer.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts