UK: Vimto dumps Purple Ronnie in marketing move
Vimto Soft Drinks has revealed plans to invest its biggest ever marketing spend in its flagship namesake brand.
Key to the new campaign is the company's decision to relinquish the services of the Purple Ronnie character and introduce 'Shlurple the purple'. According to the company, 'Shlurple' is the sound of sheer enjoyment, a taste experience that will become synonymous with Vimto.
The catchphrase is integral to all of this year's heavyweight advertising marketing which includes three 20 second TV spots launching 1st May, cinema and consumer press advertising. At the same time Vimto's packaging has been redesigned with one bold visual identity across its entire portfolio.
Having acquired the Panda Pops range of drinks earlier this year, Vimto is in a bullish mood. The company is reviewing the range of children's drinks and will be announcing plans for the brand in 2006.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites