UK: Vimto appoints new managing director
Vimto Soft Drinks has announced the appointment of Patak's Foods general manager, Jonathan Bye as managing director of the company, effective from 7 April.
The appointment is aimed at building on the company's plans for growth during its centenary year and beyond, said Vimto.
Bye started his career with Procter & Gamble, before moving into various sales and marketing roles with companies such as Hazlewood Foods, Campbell's and Homepride.
Brendan Hynes, group chief executive of Vimto's parent company, Nichols, said: "We are delighted to be able to bring someone of Jonathan's expertise and knowledge to the company and believe he will be instrumental in building on the strength of the Vimto brand for many more years to come."
Bye will join the company at a time when they are celebrating 100 years of the Vimto brand. The soft drink brand is worth GBP33.5m (U$66.4m) in the UK and is growing at 6.7% year-on-year.
Pepsi-Cola North America's senior chief marketing officer Cie Nicholson, has tended her resignation with the company....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report