UK: Villa Maria appoints UK, Ireland market manager
New Zealand wine producer Villa Maria has created the position of market manager for the UK and Ireland.
The company confirmed today (29 June) that Penny Fear will fill the post from 5 July.
In 2003, Fear joined the wine industry as export manager for Brown Brothers, where she was responsible for managing sales and distribution across Continental Europe, Ireland and the Middle East.
Charlotte Read had previously been UK and European market manager for Villa Maria, with support from UK market executive Tim Boyd-White. Read has now returned to New Zealand to take up her new role as Villa Maria’s Asian market manager.
“Penny’s skills and experience have equipped her well to continue to drive Villa Maria’s performance in our largest export market, the UK,” said Villa Maria's owner and MD, Sir George Fistonich. “We very much hope that Penny will enjoy working with the Villa Maria team and find her new role rewarding.”
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends