UK: Villa Maria appoints UK, Ireland market manager
New Zealand wine producer Villa Maria has created the position of market manager for the UK and Ireland.
The company confirmed today (29 June) that Penny Fear will fill the post from 5 July.
In 2003, Fear joined the wine industry as export manager for Brown Brothers, where she was responsible for managing sales and distribution across Continental Europe, Ireland and the Middle East.
Charlotte Read had previously been UK and European market manager for Villa Maria, with support from UK market executive Tim Boyd-White. Read has now returned to New Zealand to take up her new role as Villa Maria’s Asian market manager.
“Penny’s skills and experience have equipped her well to continue to drive Villa Maria’s performance in our largest export market, the UK,” said Villa Maria's owner and MD, Sir George Fistonich. “We very much hope that Penny will enjoy working with the Villa Maria team and find her new role rewarding.”
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US