FRANCE: Vignerons Narbonnais buys into Frederic Roger wines
Vines in Languedoc's Corbieres AOC region
Wine cooperative Les Vignerons du Narbonnais has acquired an unspecified stake in Languedoc-Roussillon AOC producer, Frédéric Roger.
Les Vignerons du Narbonnais said the acquisition represents an investment of EUR1m (US$1.3m).
It said the move follows strong growth posted by Frédéric Roger in recent years, its annual turnover having tripled from EUR4.6m in 2006 to EUR13.8m in 2009.
From its HQ in Lézignan-Corbières, Frédéric Roger produces appellation (AOC) wines such as Corbières, Minervois, Coteaux du Languedoc AOC St Chinian as well as Vins de Pays D’Oc. Three bottling lines offer capacity of up to 15m bottles.
Les Vignerons du Narbonnais specialises in the production of wines in bulk. Its 450 growers produce 151,000hl annually.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits