FRANCE: Vignerons Narbonnais buys into Frederic Roger wines
Vines in Languedoc's Corbieres AOC region
Wine cooperative Les Vignerons du Narbonnais has acquired an unspecified stake in Languedoc-Roussillon AOC producer, Frédéric Roger.
Les Vignerons du Narbonnais said the acquisition represents an investment of EUR1m (US$1.3m).
It said the move follows strong growth posted by Frédéric Roger in recent years, its annual turnover having tripled from EUR4.6m in 2006 to EUR13.8m in 2009.
From its HQ in Lézignan-Corbières, Frédéric Roger produces appellation (AOC) wines such as Corbières, Minervois, Coteaux du Languedoc AOC St Chinian as well as Vins de Pays D’Oc. Three bottling lines offer capacity of up to 15m bottles.
Les Vignerons du Narbonnais specialises in the production of wines in bulk. Its 450 growers produce 151,000hl annually.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK