UK: Viña Ventisquero adds to Yali brand
Chilean wine group Viña Ventisquero has added a Merlot to its Yali brand as part of its off-trade focused Winemaker's Selection Wetland range in the UK.
Created specifically for the UK market, the wine is available from Tesco at a recommended retail price of GBP6.49.
The Merlot joins a Sauvignon Blanc and a Cabernet Carménère in the Yali Wetland range, which was recently relaunched to fly the green flag for the company's commitment to environmental practices.
Company sales director Américo Hernández said: "A Merlot was the next obvious addition to the Yali range, as Chile is now producing some fantastic examples of this varietal. Our climate and soils are perfect for this grape, and the country is producing Merlots with plenty of fruit and balance."
Yali wines are available in the UK via PLB.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018