ARG: Viña Doña Paula to open second winery
Viña Doña Paula is due to treble its wine grape production with the opening of a second winery, according to local reports.
The Argentinean wine group, which is owned by Chilean conglomerate Claro, will open a second bodega to join its winery in the Lujan de Cuyo area of Mendoza. The move follows a strong rise in sales of 25% per year each year since 2003, according to the El Cronista newspaper.
While production capacity for the company will treble to 7.5m litres, Viña Doña Paula will see its area of production almost double to 600 hectares.
With 97% of production being exported, the winery will focus on the Los Cardos range, which is available abroad for around US$9 per bottle. The brand accounts for 70% of group sales, the paper noted.
Looking forward, the company is hoping to expand further, to 800 hectares by 2010.
Claro is also the parent company of Chilean wine group Santa Rita.
The owner of Santa Rita has created a new role of corporate commercial director at the Chilean wine group as it looks to boost its presence in ten key export markets....
Chilean winery Santa Rita has almost doubled its vineyard area, making it the second-largest land-owning winery in the country....
India's Sula Vineyards is planning to open its third winery by the end of the year....
The news that a Chilean winery is acquiring a huge amount of land for vineyard cultivation in areas less well known for winegrowing has caught Chris Losh's attention. But he believes such developments...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research