USA: Vermont Pure Merges with Crystal Rock Water Company
Vermont Pure Springs, the ten year-old bottler of Vermont Pure Natural Spring Water, has fired its latest salvo in the "water wars" by joining forces with Crystal Rock Water Company of Watertown, CT., an 86 year-old, third generation family business. Bottled water is the fastest growing category of the beverage industry, and is currently ranked third, behind beer (ranked second) and soft drinks (ranked first), according to the Beverage Marketing Corporation (BMC) of New York. BMC projects the category to have an annual growth rate of 7.6% in the year 2000. With projected combined revenues of $61 million for 2000, Vermont Pure Holdings, Ltd. (AMEX - VPS), the holding company for the Vermont Pure/Crystal Rock brands, will be the eighth largest bottled water company in the U.S., the second largest bottled water company in New England, and the fourth largest home and office delivery business in the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research