USA: Vermont Pure Merges with Crystal Rock Water Company
Vermont Pure Springs, the ten year-old bottler of Vermont Pure Natural Spring Water, has fired its latest salvo in the "water wars" by joining forces with Crystal Rock Water Company of Watertown, CT., an 86 year-old, third generation family business. Bottled water is the fastest growing category of the beverage industry, and is currently ranked third, behind beer (ranked second) and soft drinks (ranked first), according to the Beverage Marketing Corporation (BMC) of New York. BMC projects the category to have an annual growth rate of 7.6% in the year 2000. With projected combined revenues of $61 million for 2000, Vermont Pure Holdings, Ltd. (AMEX - VPS), the holding company for the Vermont Pure/Crystal Rock brands, will be the eighth largest bottled water company in the U.S., the second largest bottled water company in New England, and the fourth largest home and office delivery business in the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends