USA: Vermont Pure Merges with Crystal Rock Water Company
Vermont Pure Springs, the ten year-old bottler of Vermont Pure Natural Spring Water, has fired its latest salvo in the "water wars" by joining forces with Crystal Rock Water Company of Watertown, CT., an 86 year-old, third generation family business. Bottled water is the fastest growing category of the beverage industry, and is currently ranked third, behind beer (ranked second) and soft drinks (ranked first), according to the Beverage Marketing Corporation (BMC) of New York. BMC projects the category to have an annual growth rate of 7.6% in the year 2000. With projected combined revenues of $61 million for 2000, Vermont Pure Holdings, Ltd. (AMEX - VPS), the holding company for the Vermont Pure/Crystal Rock brands, will be the eighth largest bottled water company in the U.S., the second largest bottled water company in New England, and the fourth largest home and office delivery business in the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends