US: Venture promotes Old Fart wine brand
Boutinot Wines Estates and AV Imports have teamed up to launch the revamped Old Fart wine brand in the US.
The partnership's first new products, for distribution in the US, are Old Fart Wine, Old Fart's Wife, both from the Southern Rhone region of France.
AV Imports will offer the Old Fart Wife's Chardonnay and Old Fart Grenache/Syrah at a suggested retail US$9.99, with more varietals to follow in August 2006.
AV Imports vice president of sales Dennis Copertino said: "The wine's humorous label, combined with a great wine in the bottle, has had a tremendous appeal to the American consumer over the past five years. We are excited to blend Boutinot's gift for winemaking with AV's sales innovation to take this brand to the next level."
The joint venture will establish operations in France and the US to produce and distribute these wines under the Old Fart brand. AV Imports is the exclusive managing US partner of the venture and Boutinot will provide wine sourcing and production assistance.
Paul Boutinot, proprietor and winemaker of Boutinot, said: "We feel that AV Imports has the resources and market knowledge to bring the Old Fart brand to a bigger audience. Our organisation based in the United Kingdom has enjoyed over 25 years of success with consumers and retailers alike, connecting the wine drinker with outstanding wines at great prices wines, and we expect Old Fart as distributed by AV to enjoy the same success."
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China