US: Venture promotes Old Fart wine brand
Boutinot Wines Estates and AV Imports have teamed up to launch the revamped Old Fart wine brand in the US.
The partnership's first new products, for distribution in the US, are Old Fart Wine, Old Fart's Wife, both from the Southern Rhone region of France.
AV Imports will offer the Old Fart Wife's Chardonnay and Old Fart Grenache/Syrah at a suggested retail US$9.99, with more varietals to follow in August 2006.
AV Imports vice president of sales Dennis Copertino said: "The wine's humorous label, combined with a great wine in the bottle, has had a tremendous appeal to the American consumer over the past five years. We are excited to blend Boutinot's gift for winemaking with AV's sales innovation to take this brand to the next level."
The joint venture will establish operations in France and the US to produce and distribute these wines under the Old Fart brand. AV Imports is the exclusive managing US partner of the venture and Boutinot will provide wine sourcing and production assistance.
Paul Boutinot, proprietor and winemaker of Boutinot, said: "We feel that AV Imports has the resources and market knowledge to bring the Old Fart brand to a bigger audience. Our organisation based in the United Kingdom has enjoyed over 25 years of success with consumers and retailers alike, connecting the wine drinker with outstanding wines at great prices wines, and we expect Old Fart as distributed by AV to enjoy the same success."
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)