SOUTH AFRICA: Vanilla Coke launched into South Africa
The national role out of the new beverage is underway and it is already starting to cause a high level of interest according to Coca-Cola.
South Africa is the 10th largest Coca-Cola market in the world and is a R10 billion business. The Coca Cola brand has an 18% share of the total non-alcoholic market in this country and it is felt that the introduction of the new flavour will boost this significantly.
This is the first major launch of a Coke product in the country since the introduction of Coke Lite in the late 1990s.
The Vanilla Coke launch is to be backed up by a full advertising/media programme.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends