Product Launch - UK: Van Steenberge's St Stefanus six-month aged beer
Click through to view SABMiller's St Stefanus six-month aged beer
Van Steenberge's St Stefanus six-month aged beer
Category - Beer, craft, bottled, unpasteurised, aged for six months, 7% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, in on-trade and specialist off-trade
Price - Not specified
Distribution - Miller Brands (UK)
Last year, a 33cl bottle version of St Stefanus – aged for three months - was launched in the UK through a distribution deal with SABMiller. This month, Miller Brands will begin distributing a 75cl variant, which has been aged for six months.
The ageing allows the beer to continue maturing in the bottle until it is opened.
“Craft beers are increasing in popularity,” said Miller Brands' director of trade marketing, Lucy Jordan. “The specialist beer market is in 21.4% Nielsen off-trade moving annual total (MAT) 7 August 2011 and CGA on-trade MAT 26 November 2011 value growth, compared to 3.1% for the total market.
“Belgian beers are particularly popular and command a 59% price premium in the on-trade and 52% in the off-trade … over the average bottled lager.”
St Stefanus is produced by the Van Steenberge brewery and the Sint Stefanus monastery in Belgium.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh has issued notices to United Spirits, Pernod Ricard and SABMiller in an ongoing probe into retail syndicates....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit