US: Van Gogh Imports teams up with Viridian Spirits in US
Van Gogh Imports and Viridian Spirits have pooled their resources in the US.
The two companies confirmed yesterday (29 June) that they have entered into an exclusive arrangement for Van Gogh to serve as the US sales and marketing force for Viridian's portfolio of absinthes, which includes what the firms claim is the category leader, Lucid Absinthe Supérieure.
The agreement unites Norman Bonchick, chairman and CEO of Van Gogh Imports, with his sons, Jonathan Bonchick, Viridian's co-founder, and Lucas Bonchick, national sales manager and north-east regional sales manager of Viridian.
"By joining with Van Gogh we instantly triple the size of our sales force and are able to tap into the expertise of a management team with more than 35 years of experience in the industry," said Jared Gurfein, co-founder, president and CEO of Viridian.
Norman Bonchick added: "We are looking forward to working with these brands, increasing sales and expect to ensure Lucid Absinthe Supérieure keeps its position as the category leader within the emerging absinthe market."
Based in Florida, Van Gogh Imports, also known as Luctor International, is the exclusive spirits importer of super premium Van Gogh vodka and Ron Abuelo rums. As well as owning Lucid Absinthe Supérieure, Viridian is also the US importer of La Clandestine Absinthe Supérieure and T.A. Breaux's Jade Liqueurs' Nouvelle-Orléans Absinthe Supérieure.
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman lifted its full-year profits guidance on Tuesday (8 December), exceeding expectations and moving analysts to raise their fair value estimate on the firm. Miche...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Reports of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
A French court ruling to recognise the case of creditors due a total of EUR375m (US$535m) from struggling drinks group Belvédère will not damage the firm's relaunch plan, its lawyer has told just-drin...
Belvedere has strengthened its relationship with Bruce Willis, selling him a 3.3% stake in the troubled wine and spirits firm....
Blavod Wines & Spirits has reported strong sales growth in the first half of its fiscal year, but said profits were held back by a poor performance from its Black Vodka brand....
Belvédère, the troubled French drinks group, has suffered a setback in its recovery plan....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future