US: US wine consumers “overwhelmed” by selection - research
Nearly a quarter of US wine consumers are "overwhelmed" by the broad selection available at US retail, according to a study released by Constellation Wines US.
The study, released late last week as part of the company's Project Genome, grouped 23% of consumers as overwhelmed, though they like to drink wine and are looking for more easily understood information in retail settings.
Other groups characterised by the study: 20% were Image Seekers, discovering wine and viewing it as a status symbol; Traditionalists (16%) who favour established brand names; Satisfied Sippers (14%) who like wine but don't know much about it; and Enthusiasts (12%) who browse stores, read wine publications and are influenced by ratings and reviews.
The new study examined the purchases of 10,000 consumers who purchased wine selling for US$5 and above over 18 months. Purchases were tracked and surveyed by the Nielsen Co.
Amidst the doom and despond of the economic downturn, Diageo demonstrated its power and resilience by turning in full-year sales and profit growth. In the first of a special, two-part just-drinks inte...
Spain's premier wine region, Rioja, has been in heated debate over the addition of new white grape varieties to those allowed under the Rioja denomination. The introduction of several almost extinct l...
Constellation Europe has announced a GBP5m marketing campaign to boost its South African Kumala wine brand in the UK....
Constellation Europe has unveiled the next phase of advertising for its Hardys wine brand in the UK....
The US is on course to be the world's biggest wine consumer by 2010, as consumption continues to grow ahead of the global average, according to new research....
Skyy Spirits has poached a former Constellation Brands executive to head up the brand management of its namesake vodka brand....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Constellation Brands is looking to sell some of its wine assets in Australia....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India