FRANCE: US main focus for Piper-Heidsieck owner EPI - report
EPI sees strong US potential for Piper-Heidsieck - Reuters report
The new owner of Piper-Heidsieck Champagne, Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles (EPI), is keen to woo more consumers in the US, according to a report.
The US is the "number one priority" for Piper-Heidsieck, according to Cecile Bonnefond, who has been appointed CEO of EPI's newly-acquired Champagne unit. Speaking to Reuters, Bonnefond was today (25 October) quoted as saying that the brand has strong growth potential in the US, despite Moet Hennessy's dominance in the market.
In May, family-owned EPI acquired both Piper-Heidsieck and Charles Heidsieck Champagne brands and related assets from Rémy Cointreau for EUR412.2m (US$593.6m). However, Rémy retained global distribution rights on the brands.
Last week, Rémy said that, for the first half of its fiscal year, its partner brands unit, which includes distribution of Piper-Heidsieck and Charles Heidsieck Champagne, saw sales rise by 3.5% to EUR94.5m.
The spirits category is up next in this, the third part of just-drinks' first management briefing of 2012. Here, Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor Int...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China