EU: US fruit juice ready for EU duty retaliation
Unless the US government scraps these protective safeguard duties, the EU retaliatory tariffs will be imposed from December 15 at the latest. Fruit juice products that would attract 15% duties include frozen orange juice; unfrozen orange juice (of a Brix value not exceeding 20); and grapefruit juice.
Sectors: Soft drinks
After 20 years, the EU has finally agreed a wine trade treaty with the US but European producers fear that too much ground has been given, particularly with regard to the protection of places of origi...
Brazil's orange juice producers have been accused of dumping orange juice in the US market....
The UK's Scotch Whisky Association has hit back at claims it has been "hostile" in its pursuit of a cut in India's tariffs on imported spirits....
World Trade Organisation talks on creating a register for wine and spirit geographical designations have failed after two years of negotiations....
The US claims that it has won a World Trade Organisation (WTO) case against Mexico, with a disputes panel ruling a 20% tax on Mexican soft drinks manufactured with imported high-fructose corn syrup br...
The US Commerce Department has introduced preliminary anti-dumping duties of up to 60% on orange juice from Brazil following complaints from Florida citrus growers accusing Brazilian producers of comp...
The European Union (EU) has released more details of its proposed global register of geographical indications for wines and spirits it wants agreed during the World Trade Organisation's (WTO) ongoing ...
An Italian court has ruled in Anheuser-Busch's favour, ordering the cancellation of three registered trademarks in Italy held by Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK