SOUTH AFRICA: US asks for global assistance over Burgundy wine fraud scandal
United States officials have made an informal request to other New World wine producing countries to look into the possibility that fraudulent Burgundy wines have been imported into their markets. A US communiqué was dispatched late last week to among others, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand, to be on the lookout for the fraudulent Burgundian wine that was exposed late last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign