AUSTRALIA: Comment - Lion Nathan: up on the wine trail
Lion Nathan has announced annual earnings of $151.8m, due largely to a 14% jump in its beer businesses. While Lion's beer business is doing well at the moment, general beer sales in the Australian-based company's core markets are not growing fast. As a result, Lion is spending heavily on acquisitions in the faster-growing wine market. With such future planning, and favourable market conditions, its positive expectations for next year look attainable.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role