AUSTRALIA: Comment - Lion Nathan: up on the wine trail
Lion Nathan has announced annual earnings of $151.8m, due largely to a 14% jump in its beer businesses. While Lion's beer business is doing well at the moment, general beer sales in the Australian-based company's core markets are not growing fast. As a result, Lion is spending heavily on acquisitions in the faster-growing wine market. With such future planning, and favourable market conditions, its positive expectations for next year look attainable.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote