AUSTRALIA: Comment - Lion Nathan: up on the wine trail
Lion Nathan has announced annual earnings of $151.8m, due largely to a 14% jump in its beer businesses. While Lion's beer business is doing well at the moment, general beer sales in the Australian-based company's core markets are not growing fast. As a result, Lion is spending heavily on acquisitions in the faster-growing wine market. With such future planning, and favourable market conditions, its positive expectations for next year look attainable.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Coca-Cola's H1 & Q2 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman