CZECH REPUBLIC: UOHS ruling goes against Plzensky Prazdoj and Radegast
The Czech anti-monopoly commission, the UOHS, has ruled that the leading Czech brewers, Plzensky Prazdroj and Radegast, have breached the law and restricted competition by agreeing exclusive supply contracts to restaurants. No details have yet been released by the UOHS regarding possible penalties. The companies now have 15 days to lodge an appeal. "We shall comment on the matter after we make a detailed analysis of UOHS's decision," a spokesman for the breweries said. "It is now too early for a statement."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post