CZECH REPUBLIC: UOHS ruling goes against Plzensky Prazdoj and Radegast
The Czech anti-monopoly commission, the UOHS, has ruled that the leading Czech brewers, Plzensky Prazdroj and Radegast, have breached the law and restricted competition by agreeing exclusive supply contracts to restaurants. No details have yet been released by the UOHS regarding possible penalties. The companies now have 15 days to lodge an appeal. "We shall comment on the matter after we make a detailed analysis of UOHS's decision," a spokesman for the breweries said. "It is now too early for a statement."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research