CZECH REPUBLIC: UOHS ruling goes against Plzensky Prazdoj and Radegast
The Czech anti-monopoly commission, the UOHS, has ruled that the leading Czech brewers, Plzensky Prazdroj and Radegast, have breached the law and restricted competition by agreeing exclusive supply contracts to restaurants. No details have yet been released by the UOHS regarding possible penalties. The companies now have 15 days to lodge an appeal. "We shall comment on the matter after we make a detailed analysis of UOHS's decision," a spokesman for the breweries said. "It is now too early for a statement."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends