CZECH REPUBLIC: UOHS ruling goes against Plzensky Prazdoj and Radegast
The Czech anti-monopoly commission, the UOHS, has ruled that the leading Czech brewers, Plzensky Prazdroj and Radegast, have breached the law and restricted competition by agreeing exclusive supply contracts to restaurants. No details have yet been released by the UOHS regarding possible penalties. The companies now have 15 days to lodge an appeal. "We shall comment on the matter after we make a detailed analysis of UOHS's decision," a spokesman for the breweries said. "It is now too early for a statement."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory