UK: Unwins issues sale info
The Unwins Wine Group Ltd today distributed an Information Memorandum to all parties who to date have so far shown an interest in buying the business.
Unwins independent directors are currently reviewing the options available for the company's future. An initial study concluded that a sale of Unwins should be examined, although all options will be considered.
The Information Memorandum provides facts and figures about Unwins to those parties so that they may evaluate the extent of their interest. At this stage, the details of the Information Memorandum remain confidential, the company said.
Michael Lunn, Unwins' chairman said: "We have received a substantial amount of interest with the registration of over fifty interested parties. The Board will consider the most appropriate potential acquirers who will progress to the next stage of the process. As the largest, family-owned, independently branded wine merchant in the South East of England, it is the Board's intention that any potential sale should provide Unwins' shareholders with a suitable return and provide the group and its employees with a secure future."
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits