UK: Unwins issues sale info
The Unwins Wine Group Ltd today distributed an Information Memorandum to all parties who to date have so far shown an interest in buying the business.
Unwins independent directors are currently reviewing the options available for the company's future. An initial study concluded that a sale of Unwins should be examined, although all options will be considered.
The Information Memorandum provides facts and figures about Unwins to those parties so that they may evaluate the extent of their interest. At this stage, the details of the Information Memorandum remain confidential, the company said.
Michael Lunn, Unwins' chairman said: "We have received a substantial amount of interest with the registration of over fifty interested parties. The Board will consider the most appropriate potential acquirers who will progress to the next stage of the process. As the largest, family-owned, independently branded wine merchant in the South East of England, it is the Board's intention that any potential sale should provide Unwins' shareholders with a suitable return and provide the group and its employees with a secure future."
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research